Sunday, October 15, 2006

Project Management Terminologies



Predecessor – An “activity” before
Successor – An “activity” after
WBS or Work Breakdown Structure – How a project is broken down into smaller sections. E.G. Highest level is the “Project” followed by “A Section/Area within the Project”, then the next level is “The Work within that Section”
Level – WBS in terms of numerical arrangement or arrays. E.G. Level 1 is in the WBS @ Project, Level 2 (or coded as L1.1) is Level 2 @ Section, Level 3 (or coded as L1.1.1) etc
Link – The Relationship between two or more activities or task
CPM or Critical Path Method – The longest linked line of activities/task from Start to Finish (Milestone to milestone)

2 comments:

PO said...

Well done, Doc! A good start.

Unfortunately I do not have any questions to ask you for now because I know EVERYTHING! Hahaha... that's why they call me Mr. Clever.

OK, seriously, I'll pass this on to my friends and colleagues, especially those in the Project Management fraternity. Thanks for providing us the avenue to discuss what we all do best.

I'll catch up with you one of these days. You owe me 100 bullets, remember?

Syed Naguib, PhD said...

Thanks PO,

Yup, you're right about the "Pandai" part, seems to be branded to you he he

Hopefully a millionaire you'll be by 45
Planning for the possibility is making it a possible

Cheers!